Services Offered by Cad Plus Infosys Pvt. Ltd.
Industrial and Engineering Modeling
This course introduces students to the discipline of Industrial Engineering, covering
some key fields of application, some key IE processes, and some key IE methodologies. The
course may use lectures, videos, case studies, and projects. A major focus of the course is
"modeling," or creating abstract and computational representations of IE problems, and using
these representations to aid decision-making. Specific modeling approaches, tools, and methods
will be introduced, and students will be required to use basic computational tools. Coverage
includes projects involving information collection, data acquisition, analysis, and presentation, as
well as the motivation and use of analytical, algorithmic, conceptual, and computational models.
- Exposure to a broad context of IE problems and domains.
- Familiarity and facility with data collection techniques in a broad range of IE problems and
- Ability to describe IE problems verbally and with descriptive models.
- Ability to present multi-dimensional information effectively.
- Understanding of basic concepts of experiments, simulation, optimization, and
- Ability to recognize characteristic patterns and features in the cases and problems,
and identify appropriate methodologies for analysis, modeling, and design.
The instructional process for this course involves four components: lecture, recitation
(lab), homework, and project.